Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How to get over a disappointing run (?)

The last couple of days, I've been struggling.  Well, let's say the last couple of weeks.  Two weeks ago, I had a really busy week.  Then I spent last week fighting a cough.  I spent last weekend traveling on a bus, outlet shopping, and playing board games...with a run squeezed in.  Yesterday, I tried to run and felt exhausted.  Only got 2.5 miles in and I felt like collapsing. 

Today was worse.  I planned on five miles, got all geared up, and just fell apart.  About 2 miles in, I started dragging my feet.  At three miles, I had to walk to the fourth mile.  Five was not happening.  My legs were shaking and I was feeling dizzy.  I knew I should stop, but it was just so disappointing.  Dripping sweat, I stretched out on the mat, trying not to tear up.

It's going to be hard for me to get running again tomorrow.  I feel like giving up, but I have a 6 mile run on Saturday, and a half-marathon next weekend.  My confidence is kind of shot and I'm not sure how to get past it.  Hopefully my mindset changes a bit tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment