Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Heart Beer

"Counting on a remedy I've counted on before
  Goin' with the cure that never fails me
  What you call the disease, I call the remedy
  What you're callin' the cause, I call the cure."
  -Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Another Drinkin' Song

I have a love/hate relationship with alcohol.  It is delicious and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.  It's a wonderful social lubricant and makes good times even more fun and hysterical. 

It also sometimes gives me a hangover, or makes me say stupid things after having one too many.  In terms of running, it sometimes makes me miss a scheduled run because I'm feeling too crappy to lace up the sneaks.  Because of my weight loss goals and training schedule, I've cut back on drinking quite a bit.   Not that I'm a boozehound, but I enjoy my nightly glass of wine (or 2) and mimosa-fueled brunches.

This weekend I had a bachelorette party.  One that lasted all day.  I had a few beers.  Okay, like 10 beers.  I skipped my run on Sunday because I felt like ass.  I basically lounged on the recumbent bike Monday because I still felt tired.

Lesson learned that I can still love booze, but in somewhat moderation.  I can't miss two days of training because of one party!  I'll keep updating how I balance my drinking life with my running life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment