Monday, June 20, 2011

And it begins...

I've been seriously slacking on this blog lately.  I was feeling some ridiculous guilt about last week, when I ate like a total piggy and drank copious amounts of wine and beer.  I didn't even weigh in last Friday because I knew I couldn't face it.

But this is a new week, and so begins my official marathon training.  18 weeks and I will be crossing the Verrazano Bridge like those pictured to my left.  I'm following Hal Higdon's marathon training plan, which seems clear-cut, includes two rest days, and a day of cross training.  Anyone interested can check it out on his website....I grabbed it from the book Marathon.

I'm also going to start tracking my miles ran with each check-in.  At 7 weeks of actually tracking my miles on paper, I'm at 113 miles.  And there are lots more to come.  This week I have 15 miles on deck, including a race on Saturday that I am really looking forward to.  Much to my husband's chagrin, I'm 9+1-ing it again this year in case I decide that the marathon rocks hardcore and I would love to subject my body to it again in 2012. 

So I promise to check in this week and let you know the progress of my Hal Higdon marathon training.  Good luck to all that are starting the training at this magical 18-week point!

No comments:

Post a Comment