Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Check-In - 10 Days Until the Marathon

I know I sort of promised to check in every day with calories and such, but life has just been crazy.  I really want to start getting into the habit of checking in with daily calories and workouts, and weekly weigh-ins.  Especially when the marathon is over, I'm going to start attending group classes and working on running speed, and I really want to keep track of how far I've come.

I'll definitely be weighing in and doing photos this and next Friday, for one final check in before the marathon.  I'm excited to compare my pictures before marathon training, and right before the marathon.  I don't think my weight has changed drastically (I've been an emotional rollercoaster and too afraid to weigh myself at times) but I think my body does look very different.  My clothes are fitting differently, and I'm excited to get back to strengthening and conditioning after this training cycle, hopefully in preparation for the next one.

This past weekend, I improved my overall 10K race time by over 4 minutes and I am very excited.  My new personal record is 1:08:30 and I hope eventually to crack an hour.

I'm logging my calories and workouts into Daily Burn as we speak.  Daily Burn has me aiming for 1600-1900 calories per day, and I may re-evaluate that after the marathon.  But it's definitely kept me moving during training.  I've been so good with calories/fat/carbs/etc and today I inadvertently went way way over!  Luckily my workout burns 650 calories, but I have to ensure that I track extra carefully in the future.   More check-ins to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment