Friday, October 7, 2011

End of my Rope

I haven't checked in for a while, and truthfully, I've been avoiding this blog.  I've been working myself physically to the point of exhaustion, and being diligent about what I eat.  Yet, my clothes have been getting tighter, and I've just been feeling heavier.

Imagine my frustration when I stepped on the scale this morning, and it told me I gained 10 pounds since my last check in, and 20 total pounds since last year.  I broke down and cried.  I feel like my body is betraying me.  I'm doing everything "right," including skipping all the free goodies at work, and dragging myself out of bed at 5:30 am for early-morning workouts.  I've done everything in my power to get in race shape for the marathon, approaching in four weeks.  Now I just feel like I could have sat on the couch eating cookies this entire time, and gotten the same result.

Instead of continuing to avoid this blog, I'm going to start checking in daily with my calorie and workout log.  If nothing else, maybe it could provide me with some sort of backup to present to a doctor if this nonstop weight gain continues.  I went to my checkup over the summer...where the doctor ran every test possible and said that I was fine. 

Hoping to get over this speed bump soon.  Hoping that's all it is...a minor setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment