Saturday, November 5, 2011

Marathon weekend check-in

It's been a long and challenging road to the marathon, and I learned one significant lesson.  It is nearly impossible for (at least females) to lose weight during marathon training.  None of my fellow marathoners lost any significant weight, and many found this frustrating.  Personally, I find it to be a lesson learned.  After this weekend's marathon, I plan on working on weights, classes, and switching up cardio to lose weight, before possibly training for a spring marathon and then maintaining a hopefully15 lbs weight loss.

But there have been changes.  Here are the comparison pictures.  I'm wearing glasses before marathon training, and no glasses after.  So you can see the difference.





Weight/Measurements before:


Weight: 168 lbs
Waist: 32.5 inches
Hips: 40.0 inches
Thighs: 21.5 inches
Chest: 38.0 inches
Biceps: 11.0 inches

Weight/measurements after:

Weight: 165 lbs (down only 3 lbs!)
Waist: 30.5 inches (down two inches)
Hips: 38.5 inches (down 1.5 inches)
Thighs: 20.5 inches (down 1 inch)
Biceps: 11.0 inches (same)
Chest: 37.5 inches (down 0.5 inches)

So I guess I'm living proof that you can lose inches and not pounds, although that always seemed like a crock to me.  I'm excited to run the marathon tomorrow, and looking forward to my next goal of getting down to 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment